How Father's Day Began
- Fathers Day, is celebrated on the 3rd Sunday in June or as in our
case in Australia, we celebrate it on the 1st Sunday in September.
- The idea for creating a day for children to
honor their fathers began in
- A woman by the name of Sonora Smart Dodd thought of the idea for Father's
Day while listening to a Mother's Day sermon in 1909.
- Having been raised by her father, Henry Jackson Smart, after her mother
died, Sonora wanted her father to know how special he was to her.
- Sonora's father was born in June, so she chose to hold the first Father's
Day celebration in Spokane, Washington on the 19th of June, 1910.
1924 President Calvin Coolidge proclaimed the third
Sunday in June as Father's Day.
Roses are the Father's Day flowers:
- Red :is worn for a living father
:is worn if the father has died.
The dream of one woman became reality, that has been carried out throughout the
Every one who has a father, enjoy him, listen to the wisdom He has to depart and you
can't go wrong..
The greatest gift I ever had
came from God
I called him
"Oce" which translates to "Father"
- For permission to use your wonderful graphics
- ©Web Design Icemaid
- Artwork remains the copyright property